Survival Instinct

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome. Come and discuss selected Role Playing Games with us. Primarily Dragon Age Origins, Dark Souls 2, The Elder Scrolls. General Discussion encouraged.

Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots

Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Empty Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots

Post by Maigrets Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 pm

These screenshots were taken using the Steam function which I'm not too impressed with since they don't look as clear as they should.  Plus, it saves them as jpgs at low quality.

I am about to try a SweetFX preset which will change the graphics dramatically, as well as allowing me to save screenshots in bmp for conversion or png format.  It works a bit differently on a X64 based game so I hope it doesn't have a fps drop.  The DX9 version didn't.

This is a new screenshot thread because it's a different game.....more or less.  I also want to try to get some action shots without the HUD, which isn't easy because dying is something one doesn't want to do.

The Monk.  My Cleric/strength character.  Never botheres with Lightning Spears since they were nerfed to hell, which was supposedly a mistake, but has never been rectified.  Prefers utility Miracles, ie healing, magic resistance etc and heavy weapons.  
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots The%20Monk_zpsopygblio

Piccolo.  Dex based.  Spears, rapier class weapons, some of the faster great swords and utility magic...ie Repair because of the weapon durability issues.  Also uses Pyromancy because fire just burns so brightly...
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Piccolo_zpswbof2ihd

The dark forbidding forest at Huntsman's Copse.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Dark%20Forest_zpst97mneib

Walk silently and wield a big stick... And that's the middle sized one.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Club_zps5hfclk0c

Crystal Miners on the way to The Dukes Dear Freja boss.  Anyone with Arachnophobia will not do well in this area.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Crystal%20Mines_zpsndjs6gmx

Nashandra - the Queen of Curse and Dark.  This painting actually does curse you when you get close.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Queen%20of%20Curse_zps889jmhse

Sinh, the once Slumbering Dragon flies off to await our challenge.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Sinh_zpsdcefydyb
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Empty Re: Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots

Post by Maigrets Fri May 01, 2015 2:20 am

My latest character Absinthe Tears at the start of the Ivory King DLC.  She is a Hexer using Dark magic.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Get%20Snowy_zpshbs5jvhk

The Monk standing in a pool of corrosive acid.  All gear removed since the acid quickly degrades your gear and can break it.  There's loot in there.  In the original version it had a key, but they moved in in SOTFS.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Corrosion_zpsohw4huuy

Absinthe Tears again in a different outfit.  With a lot of farming I manged to get the Desert Sorceress set - 3 full sets in fact.  I don't much like the top so she's wearing the Mannikin armour.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Absinthe%20Tears_zpsmoh61z6a

The Monk just outside an area that is just blinding fog.  You can't lockon to enemies and can barely see them in the mist.  You can use a torch, but that lowers your defenses so no shield or two handing weapons.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Mists_zpsrveyogmg

Queen Nashandra before she becomes a Boss.  That's as close as you can get as there's a barrier. She doesn't look intimidating does she...and even when she is in Boss mode she's not that hard.  Main thing is to be careful of Curse.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Nashandra_zpslniugwas
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Empty Re: Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots

Post by Maigrets Thu May 28, 2015 11:52 pm

Alsanna - The Silent Oracle.  An ironic name since she has a LOT of dialogue.  Reaching her is a grind and a half, but you get access to The Ivory King armour set as well as a weapon created from her soul.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Alsanna_zps2qskz9pu

Rats in waiting.  Not currently aggro because I temporarily joined the Covenant so I could do both areas without being drawn into another player's world and probably dying.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Rats_zpsr54ejt0b

The Old Chaos, which has the best boss fight in the entire game.   The Burnt Ivory King. That's why I don't mind the grind to get 50 Loyce Souls so much as the co-op for this is fantastic.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Chaos_zpsfuljehem

Torch Bro.  Don't kill this guy in No Man's Wharf.  He's your personal torch bearer and follows you around lighting up the immediate area.  The enemies won't attack him, but you need to be careful about hitting him when fighting.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Torch%20Bro_zpscfohdzsj

Ominous view approaching Drangleic Castle.  It's dark and raining.
    Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Castle_zpscdiyues6
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Still playing this game Smile   And looking forward to Dark Souls 3.

Arrival at the Dragon Shrine wearing the Flying Feline Cat Boots which can be obtained from Sweet Shalquoir after defeating the Royal Rat Authority and the Royal Rat Vanguard.    Reduces fall damage and has curse resistance.  Souls fashion.

Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Cat%20Boots_zpsmthpblbd

Someone was trapped in a mirror...poor soul.

Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Trapped_zpss8hylxdd

Castle Drangleic approach in the rain.

Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Castle_zpskoubg0vy

Barbarian in a hot spot.

Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Heat_zps6xjhza18

Giant Basilisk.  

Scholar of the First Sin Screenshots Basilisk_zpsk91mxlab

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 pm