Survival Instinct

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome. Come and discuss selected Role Playing Games with us. Primarily Dragon Age Origins, Dark Souls 2, The Elder Scrolls. General Discussion encouraged.

2 posters

Return to Fallout 3

Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Return to Fallout 3 Empty Return to Fallout 3

Post by Maigrets Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:03 am

With the announcement of Fallout 4 I decided to revisit Fallout 3, and at some point finish my current Fallout: New Vegas playthrough where I was writing the story of my character and her companions.

It's been so long since I played Fallout 3 that I've actually forgotten a lot of the quests and have been pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying it.  So far I haven't done much of the main quest because I do remember parts of it that I disliked and why I think New Vegas is a much better game as far as the main story goes.

The quest to restore clean and safe water to the wasteland is a noble and great thing to do for everyone, and I don't have a problem with that.  I imagine though that people will probably think I'm crazy, but I had major issues with the "Daddy" portion of the game.   When I play as a female I can't come to terms with a grown woman who has to mature pretty fast, who has to kill people and do other possibly dubious things, calling her father Daddy like a little girl, and the way he treats her like a child at the same time.  Maybe it's for story purposes since when he left the vault his child was naive and inexperienced having lived their whole lives in the vault, but it grates on me.  

They got it wrong right at the beginning in the opening scene where the player character is born.  Mother is in distress and is obviously going to die, but people don't talk when they are having a cardiac arrest as Daddy tells us.  They just die, unless of course they get immediate treatment.  

Anyway, I'm pleased to say the game is as stable as a rock and I've only had 2 CTD's which were after long playtimes...five or six hours at a time.   I needed to apply the dual core fix for Windows 7 which is a big preventative measure for crashes, as well as the 4GB patch to allow for more memory usage.

This is my current load order.  
    [X] Fallout3.esm
    [X] BrokenSteel.esm
    [X] Anchorage.esm
    [X] ThePitt.esm
    [X] PointLookout.esm
    [X] Zeta.esm
    [X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
    [X] CRAFT.esm
    [X] CALIBR.esm
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp
    [X] HuntersRidgeV1.esp
    [X] DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
    [X] Fellout-Anchorage.esp
    [X] GNR Enhanced.esp
    [X] Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
    [X] Fellout-Full.esp
    [X] Fellout Brighter Nights.esp
    [X] Fellout-pipboylight.esp
    [X] Flora Overhaul.esp
    [X] Overhead3PCamera.esp
    [X] The Groovatron_DLC_Pitt_Addon.esp
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
    [X] Fellout-Zeta.esp
    [X] CASM.esp
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp  Who knows why I added both..DUH!
    [X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
    [X] JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
    [X] The Groovatron_DLC_Anch_Addon.esp
    [X] Sinblood Steamjunk Outfit Type 6 FO3 Edition.esp
    [X] kikaiEquipment.esp
    [X] SP - AustralianWanderer.esp
    [X] Slof's Alsatian Dogmeat.esp
    [X] earings & necklaces.esp
    [X] Fellout-PointLookout.esp
    [X] Sete di sangue.esp
    [X] DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp
    [X] The Groovatron.esp
    [X] ZzJay's Hairpacks for Fallout 3.esp
    [X] nu_women_of_the_wastelandFO3.esp
    [X] The Groovatron_DLC_PL_Addon.esp
    [X] ZzJay's Hairpacks for Women of the Wasteland.esp

I have since added a couple of armour mods and I'm waiting on Nivea's Dogmeat Overhaul which should be along soon.

I haven't added mods like Mart's Mutant Mod as yet because I wanted to test the stability of the game before adding mods with lots of new enemies etc.   To tell you the truth I'm getting wrecked all over the place at present because of Fallout Wanderer's Edition and loving it... Very Happy   After playing so much of Dark Souls 2 with swords and magic, dodging gunfire is a tad different, especially when the enemies are crack shots.  I'm severely out of practice... Return to Fallout 3 3869525017

I have NMC's textures and Vurt's Flora Overhaul:Dead version as well which looks absolutely beautiful.  I might swap over to Vurt's forested version at some point as well because as he says plants and trees would most likely not have been as affected by radiation like humans and animals would be.

A few early screenshots with more and hopefully better ones to come.

My character is called Blitz because that's what she does...not always with good results.
    Return to Fallout 3 Blitz_zpsuz2svtga

Just a random pic of a water tank... Cool
    Return to Fallout 3 Water%20Tank_zps8dx7hejz

Caravans outside Megaton
    Return to Fallout 3 Caravan_zps8d9n4mpo

Blitz and Jericho...both crippled and depressed.  It's a long walk back to town when you're out of Stimpaks or other healing, especially with FWE.
    Return to Fallout 3 Crippled_zpswjc0gbae
    MasterAub
    MasterAub

Return to Fallout 3 Empty Re: Return to Fallout 3

Post by MasterAub Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:24 am

Ok I'll have two weeks on my own at th end of this month so I think I am going to install Fallout 3. I know nothing about mods for Fallout. Maybe you could provide us/me with your list of must have by category like graphics, quests, armors, weapons, gameplay etc...

That would be awseome and useful at least for me.

But your screenies already give me the envy to re-install the game.

For that only, thanks!!!
    Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Post by Maigrets Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:18 pm

MasterAub wrote:Ok I'll have two weeks on my own at th end of this month so I think I am going to install Fallout 3. I know nothing about mods for Fallout. Maybe you could provide us/me with your list of must have by category like graphics, quests, armors, weapons, gameplay etc...

That would be awseome and useful at least for me.

But your screenies already give me the envy to re-install the game.

For that only, thanks!!!

No problem. Smile

I'll make a new topic so it's easier to find for anyone looking for recommendations or help with mods.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content