Survival Instinct

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome. Come and discuss selected Role Playing Games with us. Primarily Dragon Age Origins, Dark Souls 2, The Elder Scrolls. General Discussion encouraged.

A Nice Surprise from Telstra & Bigpond

Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

A Nice Surprise from Telstra & Bigpond Empty A Nice Surprise from Telstra & Bigpond

Post by Maigrets Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:56 pm

I was just gobsmacked when I logged into my ISP, Bigpond, to check my data usage.   It said I'd used 51% of my monthly allowance, BUT 50% of 200GB which to my knowledge was a mistake.  My plan is 100GB per month.

However, on investigation I found that out of the goodness of their hearts.....   A Nice Surprise from Telstra & Bigpond 2431605846   Telstra have given all existing customers extra data, which is actually double the amount...for FREE.   No extra charges or hidden "surprises."

There was supposed to be an email notifying users, but I haven't received it yet.  It might be still coming as the roll out for the new data allowances is between March 26th and 30th.

Now, I'm a cynical individual at the best of times and find it very difficult to believe, but it's definitely true.  

When I think of all the time I spend monitoring my usage so I don't go over the limit and end up on dial up speed for x amount of days until the end of the billing period. Neutral

I watch a lot of Youtube videos and download games (usually small ones) from Steam etc and now I don't have to be so careful.  I won't be so worried about downloading a game from Steam that's over 20GB and a huge chunk of my allowance, or previous allowance.

A Nice Surprise from Telstra & Bigpond Smiley-signs001

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 pm