Survival Instinct

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome. Come and discuss selected Role Playing Games with us. Primarily Dragon Age Origins, Dark Souls 2, The Elder Scrolls. General Discussion encouraged.

2 posters

Combat Techniques of Yesteryear

Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Combat Techniques of Yesteryear Empty Combat Techniques of Yesteryear

Post by Maigrets Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:19 am

This is something that interests me quite a lot since I like games that have realistic combat, or as close to it as possible.  The only game(s) I have played with what seems pretty realistic combat are the Dark Souls games.   Now I realize they are games and like movies certain things are embellished or exaggerated, so I decided to look for some videos on how it was really done.

This one is archery and there are some pretty incredible displays of flexibility, dexterity, and accuracy.  It disproves the way movies and games show the quiver on the back/shoulder, and I even used a mod in Skyrim to have the quiver on the hip, which seemed as though it would be much easier in real life.

This one shows how swords really sound when drawn form the scabbard.  They don't have a high pitched, screeching metal sound as in movies and games.  That's all another fabrication for effect.

Comparing axes and swords on the battlefield.

Fantasy Swords and why they would be useless in real combat

Zombies would be harder to kill than you might think... Shocked
    Fessels
    Fessels

Combat Techniques of Yesteryear Empty Re: Combat Techniques of Yesteryear

Post by Fessels Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:45 pm

I know that video of Lars Andersen, he is a absolutely amazing Archer. But I do not know the other videos, should be a lot of fun to watch. Smile

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 pm