Survival Instinct

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome. Come and discuss selected Role Playing Games with us. Primarily Dragon Age Origins, Dark Souls 2, The Elder Scrolls. General Discussion encouraged.

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Maigrets
    Maigrets
    Admin

Allow Me To Introduce Myself Empty Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Post by Maigrets Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Hello and welcome to our forum  cat  

My name is Maigrets.   I am older than 50...lol, female and have been an avid gamer since the mid 1980's when I started out with a Commodore 64.   Commodore 64 The Best Selling Computer In History

My musical tastes are pretty varied, but I don't like country or rap, and probably not opera, although I do like operatic metal, ie Nightwish and others.   My favourite artists include Warren Zevon, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Budgie, Sixto Rodriguez, Santana, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Dr. Hook, Jethro Tull, Skyhooks, and many more.  But, my overall favourite of all time is Pink Floyd.  

I read a lot.   study   Mainly fantasy fiction and modern thrillers.   So, it's one extreme to the other.  Medieval fantasy at one end of the spectrum and high tech thrillers at the other.  I also read horror, but it's getting harder to find good authors.

I am an animal lover and currently have an Austrailan Kelpie X Red Heeler called Bella.  The most pets I've had at one time were two dogs, and three cats who all got along famously.   I'm neither a cat only or dog only person, but both.   

Most of my free time is taken up with my PC.  Whether it's browsing the Net, watching videos, or listening to music, my main activity is games.   Back in the "old" days I used to prefer platformers, FPS games and Point and Click Adventure games.  The thought of slogging through a role playing game, with classes, tons of stats and a lot of dialogue to read was a nightmare.  

But, how times change.  On a whim I bought Morrowind when it was first released and that was the beginning of my love affair with all, (or almost all) role playing games.   I love you  Since then the Gothic series (not Arcania) has been another huge favourite, I liked Two Worlds 1&2, Risen, Vampire the Masquerade, Thief series (not the latest one) Oblivion, Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, Dark Souls 1&2, and some others.  

I don't like isometric, or turn based games and am not too fond of strategy.   A game I tried when I first came out was Dragon Age: Origins and I hated it, although to be fair I didn't play long enough to get a better impression.  I didn't like the combat at all, which was a big turn off and what stopped me progressing.  However, as I said tastes change, and it's largely due to Fessels that I bought the Ultimate version from Steam and started playing.   I'm still not entirely happy with the combat, but the rest of the game makes up for it in a lot of ways that other game developers could learn a lesson from.

Anyway, that's enough rambling and disclosure about me...lol.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm